only made of HTML, JS and CSS. No php screwing the webserver anymore, no weird htaccess magic redirects required for proper WordPress’ speaking links. I’m loving it!
Update: I’ve put everything on to the DLang Wiki now. Much easier to maintain!
This is what I did for just getting rid of most Google services, mainly just because I can. There’s obviously still not a hundred percent privacy established but I just want to experience what it’s like not to drain my entire life into Google’s interwebz
It hasn’t been that so long time ago when I first noticed that some weird crackling noises were coming out of my headphones.
Surprisingly it weren’t the phones itself but rather the music which is just awfully mastered – just for convenient listening ‘experience’/”they won’t notice it anyway”. Just have a look at the sound curves and those little red rectangles drawn next to the ‘L’/’R’ letters:
They indicate that the sound was made louder than 0.0 db - which is the maximum threshold for sound that can be played. But now the artist (probably) ignored this given limitation and did neither silence nor compress his raw samples so it might fit into the range of ~-60 to 0.0 db.
How should it look like?
Despite it’s still reaching the 0.0 db threshold occassionally, the curve and thus the music is generally less loudened – so you immediately won’t get those crackling artifacts when trying to enjoy the music!
Until now, I always wondered how to launch games with my dedicated nVidia graphics chip for Steam games on Linux.
Now I found a solution: Just put
into the extended start parameters for a game in your Steam library.
Primusrun has to be taken due to some 32-bitness of the respective games;
I furthermore tried running games via optirun which resulted in some weird and misleading error messages (e.g. that glGetError couldn’t be found which obviously can’t be true).
Since this classy logo of the famous Drum and Bass label should be carried into modern times, I tried my best to vectorize the original ‘moving shadow’:
Licensed under CC-BY-SA. No copyright infringement intended!
I’m not an Eclipse person, as I could finally notice – I simply can’t get beyond eclipse’s projecting and addin system..I’m probably too stupid, stubborn or something like that, but well, I’m happy exclusively with NetBeans.
Now as I recently got to use it again for a new university project, I noticed that the auto-completion speed wasn’t so perfect.. Essentially, everything required to minimize that artificial delay between a key type and the completion list popup is to put a
<entry name="completion-auto-popup-delay" value="0" />
<editor-preferences> tags in the
An SDL2-binding for the Xwt framework while using OpenGL for drawing 2D UI components. Yes, it is theoretically redundant work as there are good UI toolkits out there, also for Mono/.Net, but well..I’m still young, I’ve got the time for doing it
During the last couple of days I could even figure out an internal SDL bug! The event loop and basic lw-level component adaption runs nicely – more details will follow soon!
At home, it’s not really happening that often but in public areas like at university: Being urged to leave the laptop unattended. First solution that might jumps into one’s head: Locking the screen to avoid others to mistreat your personal workspace and hack all your account information and so on.
This might be easy to do on Linux as well as on other operating systems (simply via hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del or running xlock4 in a terminal) – but you still can directly bypass the dark screen via accessing the kernel console via Ctrl+Alt+F1 (and/or other F-keys)!
Gotta research a little more on that!
Edit: Okay, though one might be able to switch to an other console instance, it’s needed to log in immediately after doing this! So yeah, it’s not a security issue after all, I just had the feeling it was like so..
I just installed Manjaro on my little Netbook which I’m quite only using for document printing & scanning purposes. And guess what: Setting up the printer driver using CUPS and installing the scanner directly in SANE only took a couple of minutes – doing so on Windows was a real PITA instead:
Searching the right driver from the manufacturer’s website, noticing that there was no x64 driver for Win7, reinstalling Windows just to finally have it available..and on Linux, all the drivers were there already. Still can’t believe it. It’s awesome!
Oh and something beyond Windows’s “default” capabilities: There’s a complete OCR functionality available in SANE – you just have got to install a ~2 MB large package called gocr!